I will be running a headshot day on 5th February in my home studio in Ferndown.
Just £40 for a 30 minute session with 3 high resolution images.
It is so important to have a professional headshot on your social media and website, this will be your chance to make the very important first impression. Read on to see 5 reasons why…
5 reasons for having a professional headshot taken
- Stand out from the crowd – When potential clients or business contacts are scrolling through Linkedin or other social media or looking at your website, a professional headshot on your profile will always stand out from one obviously taken on a phone. It shows you take your profession and your position seriously.
- Tell your story – It is important that your headshot reflects you and your personality and is in keeping with your brand. Consider it as being like the logo of your brand.
- First impressions are everything – If you have never met your business contact then your headshot will form part of your first impression. Make it a good one.
- Be memorable – By including a memorable professional headshot in your social media people will be able to put a face to a name.
- You will look the part – If you want to be treated as a professional you must look like a professional.
How to prepare for your headshot session.
- Have a think about how you would like your headshot to look, what fits with your personal branding.
- Choose a selection of clothes based on what reflects your personality and style of headshot and branding. We will have time for one change of clothes. Solid colours generally work well, try and avoid too many bold patterns. Make sure clothes are well ironed.
- Make sure you are well rested to avoid dark circles around the eyes.
- Think about having your make-up done professionally, it does great things for your self confidence, but make sure it is natural and still looks like you. Bring your lipstick to top up.
- Make sure your hair is cut and styled to your personal choice, good idea to bring a brush or comb for a last minute brush.
“I have known for years that I needed to get some professional headshots done but (like most people) I don’t really like having my photo taken, so I put it off and put it off. I met Fiona at a networking event and had a really good feeling about her straightaway. We booked a session at her studio and the whole process was painless and even enjoyable. Fiona ensured I was relaxed and took the time to find out about my business and what I was looking for from my headshots. I was really pleased with the resulting images and proceeded to use them everywhere! I would certainly recommend Fiona for headshots or other photography to represent your business in a professional and creative manner.”