Your wedding photos will be with you forever and will evoke lovely memories for many years to come and so it is important to get it right.
- Contact me to check my availability and we will arrange a meeting to make sure I am the right photographer for you.
- Once you are happy to proceed, we will sign a simple agreement. You then pay a £200 booking fee (deductible from the final fee) which is a non refundable deposit. I then put the date firmly in the diary.
- I will contact you nearer the time to complete the paperwork – who, where and what etc, and arrange to look round the venue.
- Together we will fill in a “who’s who” form so I can start get to know the members of your families and bridal party.
- We will have a wet weather plan (hopefully we won’t need it) I have some white brollies just in case.
- I try to speak to the registrar or vicar before the wedding as they all have different rules (especially vicars) about photography so we need to find this out beforehand.
- I will visit each venue with you so we know where the group shots will be etc. and decide where you want your couple shots to be taken.
- We will discuss what style of photography you prefer. Some people like to keep things relaxed and natural some like to add some fun or more stylised shots.
- We will talk through any group shots you require.
- After consultation will put together a timeline for the day. All you have to do then is enjoy the day knowing I have it all in hand.
- I carry spares of everything from batteries to cameras and everything in between, even confetti and bubbles for those who forget.
On the day
- I will arrive in plenty of time to set up, I will start with detail shots of flowers and shoes etc.
- During the ceremony I will work unobtrusively. My second photographer will remain at the back of the ceremony room/church.
- Usually any formal group shots follow at the church/reception/venue. we will discuss all this in the planning.
- At some point I like to take you off for half an hour or so to capture the couple shots. This is a lovely time for you both as it is the first time you will have been alone as a married couple and the shots at this time are usually very relaxed and natural.
- Before you sit down to eat we will capture details of the reception room, cake, bridal favours and flowers etc.
- When the guests are seated I usually go around and take a photo of the guests on each table.
- During the wedding breakfast we will take a break while you enjoy your food. We will be back to photograph the speeches,
After the wedding
- The first thing I do when I get home (even before a glass of wine!) is back up your precious images onto two external hard drives ready for editing.
- If you agree (not everybody does) I will put a preview of images on my Facebook business page within a couple of days and then get to work editing.
- I will produce colour and black and white digital images. All images will be individually edited, cropped, retouched, colour balanced and saved on a presentation USB as high resolution images. You will have full printing rights over the photos but I retain the copyright (all that means is that you can’t sell them) I will also add a folder of low resolution images for you to use on social media.
- After 3-4 weeks I will contact you when the USB is ready, I will then post it to you.
- Once you have viewed your photographs they will be uploaded onto my online password protected gallery. Your friends and relatives can then view and order any prints they would like directly from the gallery, delivered to their home. These are professionally printed images.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.