What do we get for our money?
- You get a disc of 300+ high resolution images with printing rights.
- Meetings before the wedding at each venue to decide exactly what you want from your photographs and where the best spot is for group shots etc.
- 2 photographers. I always work with a second photographer which means we don’t miss a thing. We work with different lenses to achieve a balance of more traditional shots and reportage (fun shots of people enjoying the day and not aware their photo is being taken). We also make sure we get shots of all the little details that you have spent so much time over.
- Online galley. All your photos will be uploaded to an online password protected gallery which is linked to a professional printing lab, so your friends and family can view your photos and order prints if they wish to.
- A fully qualified, fully insured friendly photographer!!
- An optional YouTube slideshow and Facebook preview the day after the wedding.
Do you have price packages?
I have a couple of simple packages which include albums see wedding prices page. I also offer a bespoke pick and mix service where you take the elements of packages and build you own to suit your budget.
Do you offer lower rates for midweek and out of season weddings?
I do offer a discount for these times which is dependent on when, where and for how long. Ring me for a quote.
What happens if you have to cancel?
In the very unlikely event of me being taken ill, I have a very good network of local Professional wedding photographers who would not hesitate to stand in.
What if the photos don’t come out?
This is the very reason you are paying for a professional photographer rather than “Uncle Bob” I take every precaution to make sure everything is fine. I have backup equipment should anything stop working, including a spare camera, flash and lenses. Several cards are used to cover the unlikely event of card failure. Images are regularly checked throughout the day. When I get home I copy the cards to DVD then back them up on an external hard drive and a laptop, so nothing is left to chance.
What planning do you do before a wedding?
- I will always visit each venue with you so that on the day so you know exactly what to expect from me and I know exactly what you want, including your style. Each wedding varies, some couples will ask for lots of formal groups and details whilst others will want a much more laid back approach and don’t like posed photographs. It really is up to you.
- When I meet you I will ask you to sign an agreement and I will go through your required group shots and ask for the names of the bridal party and key family members on the day which makes it much more personal if I can identify the Brides mum from the Grooms Mum. etc
- Before the wedding I draw up a shot list and a timeline so you know exactly where I am at what times on the day, so once again nothing is left to chance. However these plans are open to change on the day due to weather etc.
- It is always handy to have the help of an usher on the day who knows who everybody is and will help collecting groups together.
What if it rains?
It rarely rains ALL day so we can sometimes just move things around a little or photos can be taken inside the venue, this is something we will discuss when we look round the venue. I also have big white umbrellas!
Do we provide you with food?
If we are there during the wedding breakfast and staying into the evening then refreshments of some kind would be much appreciated.
How long before I can see the photos?
I usually have a few to preview on my Facebook business page or blog within a few days (or I can email to you if you prefer) The fully edited final images will be put onto disc, we will ideally arrange a viewing time or I can send you the disc. This usually takes 2-3 weeks due to the careful editing involved. Once I know you have seen the images they are uploaded onto my website with a password for all your friends and family to view.
Do you offer albums?
I strongly suggest you have a professional album of your wedding photos, having spent out on a photographer to capture the wonderful photos it is a real shame if they don’t get the presentation they deserve.
I use Graphistudio, they are the original wedding book company. They are Italian hand bound books of an exceptional quality. You choose which photos are in the album and I design it. The prices start at £250 with parents books (identical to the original) and mini books also available. These can be ordered up to a year after the wedding with interest free instalments ( for orders over £500)
How and when do we pay for the wedding photography?
When you book your wedding with me I take a booking fee of £200. The balance is payable 2 weeks before the wedding. Interest free instalments are available. You can pay by cash , cheque or bank transfer.
Do you mind other guests taking photos?
Of course not, that is perfectly OK. I will occasionally ask to take mine first so that everyone is looking at my camera, then everyone else can take theirs. I will take the bride and groom off for a short time during the day to take shots alone, these will be the ones that will end up your wall so it is well worth doing. It is also the first time you are alone (apart from me!) as a married couple so it is very special. Some guests want to go somewhere picturesque for these shots e.g the beach which is lovely. Otherwise the grounds of the venue is fine.